Medicolegal & Expert Witness Services
I have over 10 years’ experience providing expert witness reports to the courts. I have provided evidence at the High Court on a number of occasions, as well as in Mental Health Tribunals and Parole Board Hearings. My assessments are evidence based, clearly written, objective, and always delivered on time. The usual turnaround time for a report is 3-5 weeks.
Reports typically address the following:
- Fitness for trial
- Whether special measures will be required for court with recommendations for same
- Assessment of potential mitigating factors in the commission of offences
- Violence risk assessment (e.g. HCR-20, RSVP, SARA, SAM, SRP)
- Sentencing recommendations
- Amenability to treatment and capacity for change
- Critique of other expert reports & second opinions
As expert witness work is a core part of my work as a Consultant Clinical & Forensic Psychologist, I have undergone further specialist expert witness training as well as ongoing professional development. As a Chartered Psychologist, I am listed on the British Psychological Society’s Directory of Expert Witnesses.
I can also carry out assessments of the psychological impact of any injury, as well as diagnostic assessment and neuropsychological assessment to assist with Civil cases. Treatment for individuals in relation to personal injury is also available.