Hello and welcome. I’m Dr Claire Ogilvie and I’m a Consultant Clinical Psychologist and Forensic Psychologist.
I work with adults (aged 16+) to treat a range of mental health problems and have specialised in the assessment and treatment of difficulties that may have attracted a diagnosis of Personality Disorder or Complex PTSD. I also support those struggling with addiction in all forms, including problematic use of sex/pornography and gambling addiction, and have a particular interest in binge eating / disordered eating.
I’m keen to try and help those that feel stuck or like they’ve “tried everything”. Nothing is “too out there”, and I offer a non-judgemental and safe space to explore whatever you might be struggling with. I feel very passionately about my practice being inclusive and welcoming to all.
Why choose me?
- I’m a qualified and experienced licensed Psychologist
- I’m down to earth, relatable and compassionate, but I can also be straight talking and direct where needed
- I’m not a blank stare kind of therapist, and I’d be looking for you to be active in the change process – you’re the expert on you
- I offer services tailored to your individual needs drawing on a range of evidence based psychological therapies
- I have a good network of contacts with other psychologists and mental health professionals, meaning that if I don’t feel I’m best placed to help you, it’s likely I’ll be able to refer you on to someone who can
- I offer a free 15 minute initial telephone or video call consultation to help you consider whether I’m a good fit for you. Please get in touch if you’d like to schedule a free call.
My Credentials & Experience
- I’m registered with the British Psychological Society as a Chartered Psychologist and regulated by the Health Care Professions Council as a Practitioner Psychologist (Clinical & Forensic). My HCPC registration number is PYL25828 if you’d like to check my details on their register.
- I have worked as a psychologist in the NHS for many years and was promoted to Consultant grade in 2015. I currently still work part-time in NHS adult mental health settings and part-time in private practice.
- I have a first class honours degree in Psychology from the University of Glasgow, and a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from the University of Edinburgh.
- I have undergone further training in a range of therapies including Cognitive Analytic Therapy (CAT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). I am currently working towards accreditation with the Association for Cognitive Analytic Therapy (ACAT) as a CAT Therapist.
- If you’d like to hear more about my credentials or experience, please feel free to get in touch.